Des Moines Police Officers’ Credit Union is a member of the Shared Branching Network, a fast-growing national and international network of credit unions that allow members of other credit unions use their branches to conduct basic teller transactions. What does this mean to you? CONVENIENCE!
How Does Shared Branching Work?
>What do I need to conduct a transaction at a CU Service Center? Credit unions participating in shared branching proudly display the swirl on outdoor signage for members to easily identify. The swirl means any member of Des Moines Police Officers’ Credit Union can conduct business for their DMPOCU account(s) at this financial institution’s location.
Simply look for the swirl!
>What types of transactions can I complete? When it’s convenient for you, we ask that you continue to conduct business at our office, through an ATM, or via home banking. However, when those locations are not convenient for you…
You can conduct the following transactions at CU Service Center Shared Branching locations:
- Withdraw funds
- Transfer funds between accounts
- Balance inquiries
- Process loan payments and advances
- Purchase traveler’s checks, official checks and money orders at select locations (availability of service and fees vary at each location)
Services that cannot be done at a shared branch:
(Please visit the DMPOCU office for these services)
- Become a member of a credit union
- Add new services or accounts
- Order checks
- Make changes to your accounts, including name and address changes
- Negotiate Third party checks
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will my funds from checks I deposit be available immediately? Funds will usually be made available immediately on Government Checks, Federal Reserve or Federal Home Loan Bank Checks, US Postal Money Orders, Payroll Checks up to $2500. All other items will be subject to check holds. If a hold is put on at a CU Service Center, members may contact DMPOCU to request that the hold be removed. Holds cannot be removed by the staff at the CU Service Center.
- Is there a fee for using a CU Service Center? Members can make unlimited deposits and loan payments at CU Service Centers at no charge. Members will also receive six (6) free cash withdrawals per month at CU Service Centers. Each additional withdrawal beyond six per month will be charged $1.50.
We’re pleased to offer this service to our members, however in order to keep our usage fees manageable, we do ask that you continue to conduct business at our office, through a Privileged Status ATM, or via Online Banking whenever it’s convenient to do so.
- How can I locate a CU Service Center? To find a CU Service Center near your home, office, or in a city you’re traveling to, simply call 1-800-919-2872 (CUSC) or use our online Service Center Locator to find a Service Center near you.
Privileged Status ATMs
With SHAZAM’s Privileged Status® program, you can use your DMPOCU Debit Card at thousands of surcharge-free ATMs throughout the country. Use this handy Privileged Status ATM Locator to find ATMs near you!