Watch your postal mail
for two things to arrive in February:
1 – A PIN mailer, followed by
2 – A new Debit Card with activation instructions
Both mailings will arrive
in a plain white envelope.
We have partnered with a new vendor to make the improvements to our Debit Card program that you have been asking for!
Beginning Tuesday, February 18th:
- All funds tied to your checking account will be available for debit card transactions.
If you have a savings account or a line-of-credit tied to your checking account to cover overdrafts, those funds will be accessible when the merchant authorizes your transaction. This will eliminate those embarrassing moments at the register when you know you have funds available to cover a transaction, but those funds do not reside in your checking account.IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO HAVE THESE FUNDS AVAILABLE TO COVER TRANSACTIONS, YOU MUST CONTACT THE CREDIT UNION TO CHANGE YOUR OVERDRAFT SEQUENCE!
- Transactions will affect your checking balance immediately.
As soon as you complete a transaction, the pending merchant and transaction amount will appear in your account and will be deducted from your available funds…thereby eliminating any confusion regarding the amount of funds available to use.
- Deposits to your account will be available immediately.
You will no longer have to call the credit union and request that we update your card.
- You can choose your own four-digit PIN.
- A Prewards Program
(which will go live in late February for Debit Cards) will allow you to receive rebates from your favorite merchants.
- The daily limit for ATM transactions will increase to $510.
If you have not received your new card(s) via postal mail by Friday, February 7th, please contact us.
Debit Card FAQs
A few important things you need to know for a smooth transition:
- Your new card will begin working on Tuesday, February 18, 2014.
Your old card will only work through February 17, 2014.
- Please activate your new card via phone on Tuesday, February 18, 2014. Be sure to call from the home number on file at the credit union. If you need to update or verify the phone number we have on file, please call us at 515-243-2677.
- If you wish to change your four-digit PIN, please call 877-267-6914 after activating your card.
- If you use your card for recurring monthly bills (such as utilities or your cable bill), please update your card information with each merchant so you don’t miss a payment.
Confused By The PINs and Cards You Received?
Joint Members Who Received Multiple PINs & Multiple Cards
Each member on the account will have a different card number and unique PIN, but both cards are associated with the joint account. Why the different card numbers? If one of your cards is compromised, you will still have access to your account. Again, if you wish to change your four-digit PIN, please call 877-267-6914 after activating your card.
Members Who Are On Multiple Accounts Received Multiple Cards & PINs
Please call us and we’ll help you sort it out.